PDA

View Full Version : loon calling in fog.

Charles Glatzer
06-26-2009, 01:03 PM
This image is copyrighted material as indicated, and is watermarked! Unauthorized use or reproduction for any reason is prohibited

Loons and More MI 06/'09

The cold temps this morning created an ethereal fog over the lake, not to mention fantastic image making opportunities. The visable breath put this one over the top for me.

1Ds Mark III, 600IS
Manual metering/incident, 1/250 @ f/8, ISO 400
Post-production- LR2, CS4

See you where there is light, or at the computer

Best,

Chas

Mike Lentz
06-26-2009, 01:17 PM
Loons are great fun and foggy mornings are also fantastic! My only nit would be the white line (dock post)? running vertically through the image... although it appears to be toned down a bit in PP.

Krijn Trimbos
06-26-2009, 01:19 PM
Chas I love the setting and calling pose. I wonder if this might have been better with the whole relfection although that would probably also mess up the composition. I am ok with the water colours. Excellent shot!

Kaustubh Deshpande
06-26-2009, 02:43 PM
Aah !! awesome. I would have preferred more room on top than below. the bird's lower mandile at one-third from below. I prefer either a full reflection or not much of it.

Suggestions apart...this is a wonderful capture.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Jay Gould
06-26-2009, 03:11 PM
Dr. Light - this is magic. I too would like to see the entire reflection - just to compare the difference. Cheers, Jay

Charles Glatzer
06-26-2009, 04:57 PM
Dr. Light - this is magic. I too would like to see the entire reflection - just to compare the difference. Cheers, Jay

I too would prefer to have the alternative, but no can do on the full reflection, as I was too close with 600mm when it happened. Sometimes we just have to try to make the most of what we have in hand.

Cheers,

Chas

Alfred Forns
06-26-2009, 05:14 PM
Hi Chas ... this is the type image that tends to do well in mayor competitions !!! Just over the top feel !!!!