PDA

View Full Version : Three Razorbills in a row

Krijn Trimbos
06-26-2009, 12:32 PM
Hi all,

Also went to Ireland to the same location as Jasper and had a great time as well. For me it was the first time out there and so I went for the more standard shots. Flightshots, portraits, silouhettes, wide angle without flash and interaction shots, I hope you are still hapy to see these kinds of shots after Jaspers terrific post..........:)

Here two razorbills were displaying when suddenly a third joined the party. Although I couldn't figure out if this was an apprieciated intrusion they definitly interacted with each other by opening their beaks and making their weird sounds.

Hope you like it,

Canon EOS 50D 1/4000 f5
ISO 400
Canon 300mm L USM
M501HSV, G1325

Michael Wolf
06-26-2009, 07:05 PM
Superb capture.

Having photographed a few Black & White birds just recently I know how tricky it is to get a sweet exposure
for them. I think you handled this very well.

Alfred Forns
06-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Had really good light Krijn !!! lots of detail and clearly visible eye !!! .. love the texture on those whites !!!!

BillTyler
06-27-2009, 02:51 PM
I like the way the beaks of the two outer birds fit into the concave shape made by the inner bird's neck. The visual rhythm works well.

Bill

Jasper Doest
06-27-2009, 07:17 PM
Hey Krijn,

Good to hear you had a great time as well. Lovely soft light you had here, and your exposure is spot on! I'm surprised about the DOF you got at just f/5! The poses are great and I don't think you could have done any better for this kind of shots.

Gyorgy Szimuly
06-29-2009, 12:26 PM
What is going on here??? Only 4 comments for the best Razorbill image posted here? :O
This is just gorgeous and outstanding. Congratulations. Love the deep blue bg, the perfect sharpness on all the birds, the expo control and the action itself.

Szimi