PDA

View Full Version : Hiding Frog

Gordon Craig
06-26-2009, 11:48 AM
I am re-visiting some older photographs I took before I really know what I was doing in Photoshop. I took this a couple of years ago. While waiting for a good shot at a bird I noticed this Frog which was hiding and waiting for a Fly most likely. It was shot with my old Canon 20D camera with the exposure at 1/1250, aperture of F/11, and an IDO of 400.

Julie Kenward
06-26-2009, 01:35 PM
Gordon, what a cutie! I have two suggestions...

Comp-wise, I'd look at moving the frog a little bit more to the ULC. Cropping a tiny bit off the top and left side would move him into more of a ROT's position.

I also would try to get rid of the glare on his face. One way to do this is to set the clone tool to darken and 20-30% opacity and then "paint" over the white areas with the green areas as the clone source. It will still leave a "sheen" but it won't look so hot on those parts.

Steve Maxson
06-26-2009, 04:15 PM
I like the way the frog blends in so well with the vegetation, Gordon. Julie has some good suggestions above. You might also try a little more sharpening.

Alfred Forns
06-28-2009, 01:32 PM
... one more suggestion Would turn saturation down just a bit ... that green is sort of loud !!! Love the froggy !!!!