PDA

View Full Version : House on the cliff

Rene Quenneville
06-26-2009, 07:36 AM
Here is another HDR made out of 3 frames taken last summer in Percé, Québec. This is an outstanding location for landscape and birds (Gannett colony). I did a moderate use of HDR in order to reveal the cliff. Since, once again it was taken hand held, there are a few misalignment effects on the beach rocks (to be worked later).
Please let me know your thoughts about the composition and lighting.

1/160
f/11, f/16, f/22
ISO 400
70mm

Paul Marcellini
06-26-2009, 12:34 PM
Goes to show the golden hour isn't necessary for a good picture. The comp works, with the elements distributed nicely through the frame, color contrast is a good bonus with the primaries all working together. Processing is also well done, looks very natural. Definitely looks like something for a travel magazine.

Robert Amoruso
06-27-2009, 08:10 AM
Paul, hits the nail on the head Rene. I totally agree with him. Nice work on the HDR - cannot even tell and you used it just for what you should use it for, to lower the contrast by opening up the shadows.

Roman Kurywczak
06-28-2009, 04:52 PM
Hi Rene,
Can't add much to the above critiques but will just add my agreement. I will add that you are doing some of the most natural HDR work which is a big plus in my book.