PDA

View Full Version : Piping plovers in territorial display

Grace Scalzo
06-25-2009, 10:23 PM
An image that I've hoped for for many seasons, finally came together this pm at Nickerson.

1/640, f8, ISO400 (incident metered)
500mm f4 + 1.4tc flat in sand :)

Mital Patel
06-25-2009, 10:56 PM
This is a fantastic image.
sighting of territorial dispute is very interesting to see.
have witnessed kespian plovers same thing.

Best part i like on the image is the eye contact of the plovers just awesome.
EXP HA and Sharpness is perfect to me.

Few points i wish to see corrected.

a). orange portion near the chest of left plover should be clone out. attracts attention
b). same cloning work behind the second plover underpart the blackish tone.

Steve Canuel
06-26-2009, 12:09 AM
Congrats Grace. Always nice to have an image you envisioned added to your files. I like the DOF and the BG on this one. Really looks like they're having a discussion.

Ákos Lumnitzer
06-26-2009, 01:02 AM
I feel that it is a touch oversharpened and a more side-on view would have been probably better - what is good though is that you can see the eye of the RHS bird too. Otherwise, lighting, poses and intreaction are fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing. :)

Mark Dumbleton
06-26-2009, 01:42 AM
Super exposure - like the interaction and the setting in that light makes it special. Low angle works well.

Morkel Erasmus
06-26-2009, 02:18 AM
I also feel it's a bit oversharpened but a great low-angle interaction shot! sweet light and nice details here.

Grace Scalzo
06-26-2009, 05:46 AM
Thanks everyone for the great feed back. Agree on the cleanup...and I broke my own rule by editing this last pm and posting it here, after a day of work at the computer and an evening at the beach. My eyes just don't hold up.

Axel Hildebrandt
06-26-2009, 07:48 AM
Great light, details and interaction. It would have been even stronger if you would have been a bit to your left but I would take this any time.

Stu Bowie
06-26-2009, 08:28 AM
I like the interaction between the two, they are both well exposed, and the low angle makes this. Well captured Grace.