PDA

View Full Version : Lahina Inn, Maui

Mark Fuge
06-25-2009, 09:38 PM
Canon EOS 5D - EF35-135/4-5.6 USM @ 35mm - ISO 200 - 1/320Sec. @ f/8.0 - Metering Mode Spot - Exposure Compensation 0

Lahina Inn on Front Street in Lahani, Maui, Hawaii. This was the whalers inn of old. It was under major interior reconstruction where we were there so we didn't go in. But from a prior trip, I noted that you could still see the grafitti from the whalers that stayed there.

It is an interesting building, with a very interesting history.

The previously posted image of the Banyan tree was taken in the park across from the inn to the left.

Lahina Bay is just behind the Inn to the left.

This shot was taken from a overlooking restruant on the second floor across the street. Great Hawaiian Hamburgers. I recommend the Don Ho! ;)

Gus Cobos
06-26-2009, 05:12 AM
Very nice Mark,
This has a good feel to it...I like the perspective...thanks for sharing...indeed a tropical Island paradise...:cool:

Alfred Forns
06-26-2009, 08:02 AM
Interesting looks very much like the structures in Key West !!! Beautiful place !!!

denise ippolito
06-26-2009, 08:16 PM
Mark, I feel like I was there-I think there was an art show in the park and that's where I bought a painting of Banana Leaves. I may be wrong but it does look familiar.

Mark Fuge
06-27-2009, 12:05 PM
Mark, I feel like I was there-I think there was an art show in the park and that's where I bought a painting of Banana Leaves. I may be wrong but it does look familiar.

If you were on Maui, this was probably it. The bike rack and phone are in the park that you may have been in. Should have gone across the street for the Don Ho Burger! ;) Topped with pineapple and soy sauce! :cool: