PDA

View Full Version : Friendly Garter Snake

Ed Cordes
06-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Not quite as dramatic as Ed Nguyen's snake, but I like the friendly guy living in my yard. He and his family have been living in the garden and under the deck for years. They mostly scamper when they see/feel/hear us coming, but sometimes they look to see what is going on.

40D with 300 F4 IS and 20mm extension tube. Hand held lying on the ground at ISO 125 f 56. 1/50. Cropped to about 80% of original.

Thanks for looking. C&C welcome.

Steve Canuel
06-26-2009, 01:30 AM
Glad to see you haven't taken a shovel to this guy or any members of his family. Nice sharpness, especially considering HH and your SS. I like the DOF. Maybe a touch on the cool side?

Fabs Forns
06-26-2009, 10:31 AM
How interesting to have a snake resident family :)
Good looking guy, agre you could warm it up, thanks for sharing it, Ed.

Mike Tracy
06-26-2009, 10:32 AM
I really like the detail of the scales on his head.

Robert Amoruso
06-27-2009, 07:48 AM
Ed,

I like the cool tone look to the image. Looks like he is in shade so cold toned already, whites look good and the body color is a combination of cool tones.

Ed Cordes
06-27-2009, 08:48 AM
Thanks from me and my small friend for all the kind comments. Yes, the snake was in the shade under a maple tree out in the lawn. He likes to go there to get some of the bugs that climb the trunk. I spotted him while I was cutting the grass. We have to be careful when cutting so we don't run these guys or some of the other critters like toads and baby rabbits over.

Stu Bowie
06-27-2009, 11:38 AM
Amazing detail on the head, sharp, and capturing his tongue would have been even better. Not the best "pet" to have in my garden thank you.