PDA

View Full Version : Pink Peonies - 500th post

Christopher Miller
06-24-2009, 08:22 PM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m244/CAMiller290/BPN/P6100020ResizeWeb.jpg

Can't believe how much I've learned here since I joined! Thanks for all the critiques and advice you have given me! :)

In the past few weeks, I haven't been using my camera quite as much because of all the rain we've been having; but did take this during a bit when it wasn't raining. There were a lot of water drops on our peony plant just waiting to photographed. Any C&C are welcome!

Olympus SP-550 UZ
f3.5 @ 1/125, ISO 100, -0.3 EV
Aperture priority mode, pattern metering, cloudy WB
Processed in PS CS2; rotated a little CCW, cropped, slight saturation increase, noise reduction, and toned down the hot spots on the drops

Gus Cobos
06-24-2009, 08:31 PM
A sweet image Christopher,
I like the composition and capture...the color rendition is very good...the feel is over the top...I also like how each individual water droplet reflects it's surroundings like a crystal ball...well done...my recommendation to further enhance the image is to run a low intensity pass of noise reduction in the background, and for my personal taste, I would crop this into a tighter pano removing 1/4 from the top and 1/4 from the bottom of your frame, thus showcasing the linear introduction of your subject in frame...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

P.S. A big congrats on your 500th post...:):cool:

denise ippolito
06-24-2009, 08:50 PM
Christopher Big Congrats on the 500th post!! I love this image-very beautiful colors and the reflected globes are special!! Gus has made some good points!!

Axel Hildebrandt
06-24-2009, 10:53 PM
Congratulations on the milestone. I like the reflection in the water drops and would crop a bit off the top.

Lance Peters
06-25-2009, 03:23 AM
Congrats on the 500 th post - Like this a lot - the reflections in the water droplets are really cool.
Agree with the crop suggestion.

Alfred Forns
06-25-2009, 07:25 AM
Big Congrats on 500 Chris !!!!!

Gus nailed the critique The image is in the drops and you want them bigger in frame !!! ... remember rain is usually good ....clouds diffuse sunlight and the water gives a nice saturated feel !!!

Harold Davis
06-25-2009, 04:30 PM
i have to echo gus' critique, too. i love the reflections in the drops. over the top feel to this and big congrats on 500!!

Christopher Miller
06-25-2009, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the comments! I'll try cropping it as suggested.