PDA

View Full Version : Bond Wreck

Alfred Forns
06-24-2009, 06:53 PM
This is the inside of the Bond Wreck located on the West side of New Providence Island (Nassau) Bahamas. Two of the Bond films were made here ... Tears of Allah and Never Say Never Again ... also the last Jaws movie was shot here ... and I got to see Jaws in person :)

Close to this wreck within thirty yards is the Avro Vulcan Bomber from Thunderball but not much left.. just the landing gear .... rest of the plane was covered plywood !!!

In the Jaws movie the inside passageway of the ship (below the level shown) looks huge .. amazing what they can do splicing !!!

... wreck is tilted and left as is Image made with Nikonos III available light and 15mm UW Nikkor lens

Will post the outside tomorrow !!!

Comments welcome and much appreciated

Jackie Schuknecht
06-24-2009, 07:07 PM
Must have been neat to see the orig and how they did photo effects on it for film! Was the Avro based on the (now defunct) Avro Arrow??

Alfred Forns
06-24-2009, 07:24 PM
Jackie they are similar looking and made about the same time I believe the Vulcan is a little bigger Beautiful planes !!!

The Arrow flew for the RCAF and the Vulcan for the RAF !!!

Gus Cobos
06-24-2009, 07:33 PM
This is fantastic Mr. Forns...I love the rich vibrant blue tones...well done...:D:cool:

Mark Fuge
06-25-2009, 08:55 AM
Nice shot, nice lighting and colors.

How were the martinis? :confused: ;)

Alfred Forns
06-25-2009, 09:08 AM
... Shaken not stirred :)

John Chardine
06-25-2009, 11:02 AM
Nice to see Alfred. The image reminded me though- are there any murmurings from Nikon that they are going to produce a digital Nikonos? Is there one out already?

Alfred Forns
06-25-2009, 11:09 AM
Don't know John !!! They could revive the RS and make it into a digital but not sure about the Nikonos V !!!! I think anything they do should auto focus !!!