PDA

View Full Version : How's This One

Mike Moats
06-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Here's another version with the white toned down. Which works better this one or the last? I have to try this again with colored flowers as the whites are a pain. The white looks dirty now.

Fuji S5, Tamron 90, Natural Light, F8

Dave Phillips
06-24-2009, 05:05 PM
love the image and placement of all the elements Mike.
I have not yet seen other versions but offer following suggestion.
The image seems very cool(green/blue) in color.....I did a color adjustment and
also selectively opened and saturated 2 main flowers.....sharpened drops a bit.
Just some options to look at......nice image sir
http://i44.tinypic.com/282gw2c.jpg

Mike Moats
06-24-2009, 05:19 PM
Hey Dave, thanks, I'm still not happy with the whites as it just looks to dirty, I'm going to shoot it again, but no white flower this time.

Morkel Erasmus
06-24-2009, 06:24 PM
this is a super shot Mike! love the idea and the execution - can't wait for the one with coloured flowers :)

Mike Fuhr
06-24-2009, 11:24 PM
Very cool shot Mike. You can see just enough of the flower in the background to make it interesting. Are you using a spray bottle and water?

Tell Dickinson
06-25-2009, 02:11 AM
Yes I like this a lot Mike :) It will be interesting to see what you come up with to replace the white flower and see if it has as much impact as these white do.

Tell

Ed Vatza
06-25-2009, 05:59 AM
Mike, I think if you could zoom in on that top big drop and a few of the surrounding tiny ones and just have the yellow center as the background, that would be the jackpot. That might take some tubes with the macro lens to accomplish. What do you think?

Mike Moats
06-25-2009, 07:13 AM
Hey Mike, this is the natural dew drops. Ed, I thnk I will try some closer shots and try to fill the frame more with one drop.

Mike Fuhr
06-25-2009, 10:13 PM
Thanks Mike. I like Ed's idea but might keep a bit of the white petals if that's possible. Looking forward to the next post!

Gordon Craig
06-26-2009, 11:25 AM
I tend to like this picture the best of the two. If you could get in closer with the orange center dominating the background I think you would have an awesome picture.