PDA

View Full Version : One For Roman

Jeffrey Sipress
06-24-2009, 03:49 PM
Now, play nice, guys! Here's one you can argue about, or not. Maybe this is what Roman is wanting....

http://machinearts.com/fredphotos/flowercracks.jpg

Ed Vatza
06-24-2009, 06:49 PM
OK, I'm not sure what the game is here but I will say that I like this composition - a lot! The juxtaposition of the dried cracking earth and blooming flower is excellent. My only "negative" is that the flower head doesn't look sharp enough. Otherwise, it is a winner in my eyes.

Robert Amoruso
06-24-2009, 07:51 PM
I like that you have four lines in the cracks that lead right to the flower. I agree with Ed on the comp, it works great IMO.

Roman Kurywczak
06-25-2009, 04:07 PM
Hey Jeffrey,
Yep.....that's what I was talking about! I may lighten the flower just a hair and possibly run a bit more sharpening as presented......but very well done nevertheless. Not as easy as it looks when you have that many patterns and your choice of placement and crack comp is excellent.
I'd image that without the flower you wouldn't even pull the camera out? .....well maybe for a well placed rock or bug.
Very nicely done here too!

Arthur Morris
06-25-2009, 07:43 PM
Very nice. Where did you get the ladder? Was the flower growing in place? The only thing that bugs me is the merge between the petal at 7 o'clock and the leaf... The chioce of a slightly different perspecitve would have avoided that.

Gyorgy Szimuly
07-15-2009, 10:07 AM
Simple, well composed and tells a story. Very nice image.
I was wondering wether the flower was growing or a man made compo?

Szimi