PDA

View Full Version : The Golden Jackal

Kiran Poonacha
06-24-2009, 12:10 PM
My first post in this section.

Tried my hand in mammal photography. Found this female jackal relaxing and warming herself under the setting sun. Just looking out for a meal.

Spec: ISO 400, 1/800, F 9, -1/3.

regards,

Kiran

Stu Bowie
06-24-2009, 01:30 PM
Superb alert pose Kiran, and the light takes this over the top. Lovely warm colours, and sharp. I would maybe liked to have seen the FG grass a bit more out of focus, and maybe take a bit off the top.

Morkel Erasmus
06-24-2009, 03:43 PM
I agree - take some off the top. overall a very nice photo - great light and pin sharp. I would even consider adding some space to the front (if it's available) to make this a more pano-type comp.

Robert Amoruso
06-24-2009, 07:55 PM
I agree with Stuart on the crop from the top and with Stuart and Morkel on the light and sharpness, all handled well. A pano crop would be nice too but what you have here works great.

Welcome to Wildlife Kiran.

Fabs Forns
06-24-2009, 08:16 PM
welcome to Wildlife Kiran, very nice first post, I like the EXP, light and composition and like as presented, enough room arorud without being cramped. Will be looking forward to more.

Harshad Barve
06-25-2009, 01:16 AM
For me , Eyes speaks lot , I wonder how it will look if you convert this image in vertical portrait,
I think vertical portrait will be more powerful as most of the body is in grass
All in all beautiful shot,
Harshad

Mital Patel
06-25-2009, 07:52 AM
Dear Kiranbhai,

i am not expert or even i haven't done with wild animals so cant do critiques.
You've started with a blast i would say.

just wish the red tone was less.
how bout this ?

Kiran Poonacha
06-25-2009, 10:08 AM
Thank you Dear All for your kind words and suggestions.. will do it up and post later for your remarks.

Thanks again,

Kiran.

Looks better Mital Bhai..

Steve Canuel
06-26-2009, 02:03 AM
I agree with others on a little off the top. Nice light and warm colors (how warm? I defer to you since you were there at the time). I might take a little sharpness off the grass that's on the same plane as the jackal and see it I can lighten up the nose a little to get some detail there.