PDA

View Full Version : Croc Catch

Chris Kotze
06-24-2009, 09:01 AM
http://www.ckphotography.co.za/Croc%20Catch.jpg

I was lucky enough to get this catch at a low water bridge in the Kruger National Park

Stu Bowie
06-24-2009, 10:55 AM
Dangerous creatures - for wild life and man. Great capture Chris, and I like the light cast on the head of the croc. This guy is not too big, but I aint gonna save the fishie.

Robert Amoruso
06-24-2009, 11:29 AM
Good work capturing the action here and the composition works well too. I like the diagonal of the croc's head and the flowing water.

Morkel Erasmus
06-24-2009, 03:58 PM
you really were lucky here! this is such a rare shot so close to your car that I can't try to nit it. :)

Chris Kotze
06-25-2009, 12:36 PM
Thanks for all the views and comments

Steve Canuel
06-26-2009, 01:53 AM
Great image that really caught my eye. Was thinking about going rafting soon but this is giving me second thoughts (even though we don't have these here :)) Really like the sweeping wave, roiling water, and the angle of the croc in relation to it all.

Arthur Morris
06-28-2009, 12:07 PM
The right half of the image is obviously spectacular. The left half has its problems, one of which Peter mentioned above. With the light from the high left, the shadow of the fish falls onto the croc's snout, or at least the side of it. This componds the problem resulting from the fact that the croc's snout is set against the dark blue water; both the snout and the fish are somewhat lost there, in part because of the shadow.... From where you were, you could not have done any better....