Nikon D300, Nikkor 80-400D ED VR f4.5/5.6
f/5.6 | 1/5000seg | ISO 400 @ 80mm

critiques and comments are welcome
<!-- / message -->

Robert Amoruso
06-24-2009, 11:27 AM
Mital,

I like your name of the image. :)

To me the Asses are too small inthe frame and the BG objects sticking up are a distraction including the merging of the two right animals and BG structures.

Mital Patel
06-24-2009, 11:30 AM
thanks robert.
i've thought of that and at a point i decided to clone out those two asses as i just liked the tree visible in the frame as a good element of habitat it shows for this wild asses. the mirage as well.

i know this is not a good image but i thought to share with you as i like the way asses formed out in frame.

Robert Amoruso
06-24-2009, 08:01 PM
Mital,

I agree that I like the tree as a mirage and w/o the two blocking the tree and a tighter framing of the ones on left with the mirage tree, the image would be stronger. I can see what attracted you to the scene and I would not say it is a bad image. I do like you chose a low perspective. Going to 400mm on the zoom may have been the ticket to strengthen the composition.

Steve Canuel
06-26-2009, 01:46 AM
Interesting image. For me the asses are too small in the frame. They look like toys. I think a tighter composition of just the three on the right (as viewed) would've been nice as well. Certainly captures a tough environment.