PDA

View Full Version : I'd cry for you.....

Ákos Lumnitzer
06-23-2009, 10:29 PM
Just so you understand what's behind this post.

In my younger days I played guitar and sang in a metal band. Naturally, we played covers but had many original songs as well. This is one of my favorites, a typical (I guess) rock ballad with a mixture of clean and heavy guitars and based on the subject of love. Of course what rock ballad is not? Sometimes when things appear perfect, there's always the neverending question of "How long will this last?". So I hope you enjoy I'd cry for you... I wrote it for a girl a long time ago and I guess the insecurity within got me thinking of what if.... I think I may be able to relate the song to this pair of gorgeous Aussie Scaly-breasted Lorikeets paired off and raising a clutch of young. Be glad I cannot unleash all my songs on you for some of my subject matters would not be so appropriate in a loving, family environment as BPN.

I know the way I feel
When I look into your eyes
I know it's going to hurt
When you leave me
For bigger, better things
Am I really good enough?
I know I'd cry for you...

Cry for you.....

Don't want the day to come
When it's time to say good bye
I'm so scared of tomorrow
Together it feels right...

Please wipe away my tears
Chasing me into sadness
Please take away my fears
Loneliness brings
I know I am the one
To lift you up so high
I know that you and me
Can touch the sky

Touch the sky.....

Lance Warley
06-24-2009, 05:47 AM
You played guitar and sang? Cool. Heavy metal? Not so much. Just kidding. Sort of.

Thanks for posting this very personal piece of work. The insecurity definity pours out of it, as you say. This is just personal taste, but I like your newer work better. It's much more focused. Much tighter.

The photo is beautiful. Nice connection.

denise ippolito
06-24-2009, 06:54 AM
Akos, I can see this as a Heavy Metal Rock Ballad. I was almost singing along! Nicely done!!!

Julie Kenward
06-24-2009, 07:29 AM
I like it as well but I agree with Lance - your new stuff is even better!

Ákos Lumnitzer
06-25-2009, 01:27 AM
Thanks for all comments. :)
I can certainly appreciate that the genre is not for everyone. In fact, I only became a metalhead (in the late 80s) once I started to teach myself music and finding most mainstream pop music rather monotonous and not challenging enough to play. My musical tastes are varied today and I appreciate most styles with the exceptions of perhaps R&B and pop, I do like Eminem though. :D

Denise, I played this the first time last night on my acoustic guitar and since I haven't played for so long, my left hand and finger tips are killing me. But you already know - shining star. :)

Harshad Barve
08-06-2009, 04:54 AM
I can really hear it here Bhai
beautiful image
TFS