PDA

View Full Version : Wild Stallions Band

david cramer
06-23-2009, 08:50 PM
These Pryor Mountain stallions belong to a bachelor band of eight wild horses. I was fortunate to get to be with them for almost an hour while they ran, played, and sparred. Great fun! More images from the trip are on my blog (http://www.davidcramer.com/blog/?cat=1).

D300 with 80-400mm, 1/2500, f/5.6, iso 400, ev -0.67

http://davidwcramer.smugmug.com/photos/572388805_f4CT7-O.jpg

Robert Amoruso
06-24-2009, 03:42 AM
David,

You stood in the right place to get the action in this one - they sure are leaning over. I recommend a reverse s-curve to tame the high contrast. A curves adjustment to darken the image a bit - especially the BG would be good to IMO.

I am not too keen on the BG tree.

I like how all three horses are visible, heads towards you. Perfect capture of the action.

Axel Hildebrandt
06-24-2009, 08:44 AM
Great action and I also like the setting. Does it need a bit CW rotation?

Stu Bowie
06-24-2009, 11:37 AM
I really like the horses are leaning into their turn. I have looked at this a few times now, and wonder how this would look with a little less space on the right, and more on the left. Still, great action captured here David.

Morkel Erasmus
06-24-2009, 03:30 PM
what a super action shot - perfect position! I agree with Stu about the comp - less space right and more left would give them space to swerve into. love the environment with the mountains way back there!

david cramer
06-24-2009, 04:48 PM
Thanks, guys. Your comments and suggestions are appreciated.

david cramer
06-24-2009, 04:50 PM
David,

You stood in the right place to get the action in this one - they sure are leaning over. I recommend a reverse s-curve to tame the high contrast. A curves adjustment to darken the image a bit - especially the BG would be good to IMO.

I am not too keen on the BG tree.

I like how all three horses are visible, heads towards you. Perfect capture of the action.

The reverse curve certainly helped with the hard light, as did adding a bit more saturation and darkening the sky. Thanks, Robert.

Steve Canuel
06-26-2009, 01:50 AM
Really like the action you captured here and the BG mountains and clouds give it some nice depth. Tree on the right doesn't bother me too much, wouldn't miss it if it weren't there. Would've liked to see more (or none) of the center white horse.