PDA

View Full Version : Bullfrog Soup

Dave Phillips
06-23-2009, 07:04 PM
this is like living in what you eat......duckweed soup. I ride along the bank
of a local lake area and these guys line the shallows, well camouflaged.

Opinions on the specular highlights?
1DmkIIN, 400mm w/1.4X tc, ISO 400, 1/640, f/8, +.33EV
thanks for looking in and c/c

Steve Canuel
06-23-2009, 08:20 PM
I like the texture in the eye and the way the duckweed seems to be enveloping him like the blob. The specular highlites on the skin don't bother me (except for the one by the nostril) as they add to the glistening, wet skin effect for me. I like the one in the near eye (almost looks like a starburst starting). The highlights in the duckweed I'd remove since they break up the color and texture of the green for me.

Robert Amoruso
06-24-2009, 03:36 AM
Dave, I agree with Steve on the Highlights. Removing larger ones recommended. Good work capturing the details. Another image here would be more wide open to demonstrate how well he is camouflaged in the pond. Assuming of course a wider image was possible.

Stu Bowie
06-24-2009, 11:39 AM
Super close up, and like the detail in this. I would also like to see this zoomed out, to show the full effect of the camoflauge.

Alfred Forns
06-24-2009, 05:38 PM
Hi Dave At Viera Wetland we actually have a "Frog" Club !!! .. the president is a real rocket scientist !!! :)

I like the tight image placing the eye just right in frame !! Highlights are an easy fix and don't bother that much !! Love it !!!

Dave Phillips
06-24-2009, 05:55 PM
appreciate all the comments friends

these guys are usually best shot in strong light for my tastes
and have often needed opinions on the highlights...thanks