PDA

View Full Version : Flowery Dew Drops

Mike Moats
06-23-2009, 06:01 PM
Finnally got out to shoot today, art shows in full swing and finding time to shoot is tough. Playing with some flowers and dew drops in grass. Found this nice group of dew drops and positioned the oxeye daisy behind it with a plamp. First time shooting these, and will play with different flowers and angles in the future.

Fuji S5, Tamron 90, Tripod, Natural light, f/8

Julie Kenward
06-23-2009, 06:19 PM
Oh good grief...could that BE any more perfect? Holy smokes, Mike! Each water drop with a perfect flower in the center? I'll just be over in the corner wimpering...

Ed Vatza
06-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Mike, I have some mixed feelings here. The dew drops are perfect as are the refracted daisies in each drop. That part is just wonderful. But I find the flower in the background very distracting. The big oof daisy keeps pulling my eye from the perfect little ones in the dew drops. Is there a way to get the refracted daisies the dew drops with the daisy off to the side and the background green?

Aidan Briggs
06-24-2009, 11:36 AM
I love the reflections in the water drops, but as Ed pointed out, the daisy in the background is distracting. I might try selectively toning down the white parts of the daisy in the BG. Overall well done.

Jay Gould
06-24-2009, 03:19 PM
Mike, a magical image! What would happen if you toned down the white petals just a bit? I agree with Ed that the daisy keeps drawing your eye away from the amazing dew drops.

Jack Graham
06-24-2009, 06:25 PM
Mike,

Going to try and be more active here on BPN----- Here is where I'd use a diopter, and maybe even a 1.5 converter as well and isolate one or 2 of these drops and really blow out the background daisy. This image is a lot harder to capture than it looks. That Tam 90 ain't bad!
JG
PS_--- Don't forget Smokies images--I need them for Bill.

Jay Gould
06-24-2009, 06:48 PM
Mike,

Going to try and be more active here on BPN----- Here is where I'd use a diopter, and maybe even a 1.5 converter as well and isolate one or 2 of these drops and really blow out the background daisy. This image is a lot harder to capture than it looks. That Tam 90 ain't bad!
JG
PS_--- Don't forget Smokies images--I need them for Bill.

Hello Stranger!

Would you put the 500D over the 100 f/2.8 macro; I would have to use a step-up ring from 58 to 77? With the Canon 100 Macro you cannot use teleconverters.

Cheers, JG :D

Christopher Miller
06-24-2009, 08:45 PM
Very nice, Mike! Like the sharp details of the dewdrops and the perfect flower reflection in each. I actually like the BG flower, to me it helps add more interest to the image.