PDA

View Full Version : ringed plover

Alexander Koenders
06-23-2009, 04:41 PM
Laying on the ground and waiting fore the bird to pass by.

Olympus E3, Zuiko ED300 F2.8, Zuiko 2.0 converter, 600mm focuslength, 1/1600sec, F7.1, ISO200, 0 stops

Fabs Forns
06-23-2009, 05:21 PM
Cream and peaches texture and BG. Great detail all over and sweet EXP, even for the slightly off light angle. It may be an optical illusion, but I feel it's slanted to the right.

Axel Hildebrandt
06-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Angle, details and eye contact look good. The light looks a bit harsh and there seems to be a color cast. The eye looks a bit washed out, maybe you could darken the pupil.

Daniel Cadieux
06-23-2009, 07:27 PM
The techs look good for the light you had, but do wish the light angle was coming from directly behind you. Fill-flash may have helped somewhat in filling the shadows had you used that. I like the simple comp. Never realized how small and thin these guys' bills are!

christopher galeski
06-24-2009, 04:52 AM
very nice shot Alexander,sharp,nice light,not trying to be clever,but this is a LITTLE RINGED PLOVER,I am watching a pair now,who lost there first clutch,dew to being washed out.their second clutch is ready to hatch anyday now.nice shot.thanks.

Alexander Koenders
06-24-2009, 08:59 AM
very nice shot Alexander,sharp,nice light,not trying to be clever,but this is a LITTLE RINGED PLOVER,I am watching a pair now,who lost there first clutch,dew to being washed out.their second clutch is ready to hatch anyday now.nice shot.thanks.

Thanx for the right englisch name;)

Mital Patel
06-24-2009, 11:37 AM
what a beautiful bird this is. and a lovely capture too.
i was just referring my images and found some images of the same species come in winter here in india
From the images i just refere my own and some on net i found that in your image there is a bit of magenta tint which you can easily remove or reduce .

Dont know if the tonal value of this species is little different at your place.

Gyorgy Szimuly
06-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Very nice image indeed. Details are fantastic. Not sure if there is a slight pink cast. Despite the warm lights it is still over the normal I guess. Fixable. I like it.

Szimi