PDA

View Full Version : Swirling Lines of Sandstone

Dave Mills
06-23-2009, 02:03 PM
This was taken in a area a short distance from the Wave. I was intrigued by the patterns of lines.
No specs due to a scanned slide

Jeffrey Sipress
06-23-2009, 05:09 PM
Hey, Dave, been there, too! Like you, I had to deal with sunshine, but with the hike in, it's difficult to be there at the best light. Nice comp.

Dave Mills
06-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Hey Jeff, Yes, there is no getting there at first light.We left at first light and it took us about 3 hours to get out there since I was shooting on the way. We stayed there for quite awhile into the afternoon since there is alot to shoot if your creative. Don't know how much weight I was packing but it was mostly water since the biggest concern out there is dehydration. Got slightly lost coming back since everything looks different. Couldn't tell you how happy I was seeing the parking lot!!

Robert Amoruso
06-23-2009, 06:36 PM
Dave,

I like how you framed it with the lines starting in the LL and diagonally leading into the image up to the horizontal lines that complete the line to the BG.

Roman Kurywczak
06-23-2009, 08:22 PM
Hey Dave,
as Robert mentioned....nice diagonal leading lines with nice seperation of the tones and colors. Shoudn't this be called Roman's crop?:D. Least you could ahve done is give someone else a whack at it!

Dave Mills
06-23-2009, 10:10 PM
Hey Roman, I thought I paid you off when I loaned you my scanner.

Jackie Schuknecht
06-25-2009, 07:51 PM
Couldn't ask for better lines Dave. Neat texture and I like the pop of the sky too.