PDA

View Full Version : wildebeest sunrise

peter delaney
06-23-2009, 03:55 AM
kalahari, the air is thick with dust and sand as the wildebeest make there way to a water hole

previously posted s B&W , this is colour version... my own nit a little tight on rhs ..will get around to adding canvas one day..

D2xs 200-400 vr lens ...bean bag and plate.

EXIF INFO. ISO 400. FOCAL LENGHT 340MM , 1/640 @ F7.1

Fabs Forns
06-23-2009, 04:15 AM
I remember this one, I like it much better in color. There seems to be some compression artifacts where the light changes. Or maybe too much saturation caused them, thanks for sharing it.

Robert Amoruso
06-23-2009, 05:36 AM
Good transition in the layers of color. Pano crop works well.

Bill Jobes
06-23-2009, 06:14 AM
Talk about a picture telling a story!

I especially like the light range from black to yellow, and everything in between.

Agree the pano crop makes for a dramatic presentation.

Mital Patel
06-23-2009, 06:14 AM
Hi Peter this is an awesome image you've captured.
i've did some correction with the midtone (darker).

share your views.

Arthur Morris
06-23-2009, 10:04 AM
Mitalbhai has done a good job making the animals blacker. Way to go. My only wish now for this spectacular image would be for a bit more room on the right. Actually, since you have the whole animal inside the frame it would be relatively easy to add a bit of canvas there (so let us see the repost when you get around to that)!

Was this am or pm?

Axel Hildebrandt
06-23-2009, 10:52 AM
Very dramatic light and I like the pano crop. I like the idea of adding more space on the right or might clone out the animal on the right that is clipped.

Tell Dickinson
06-23-2009, 11:03 AM
Gorgeous picture Peter and the pano crop works very well, it must have been an incredible sight to see first hand. I would personally like a little less black at the top but no one else has mentioned it so perhaps its 'just me' :)

Tell

Danny Laredo
06-23-2009, 12:20 PM
Wonderful image, super light qand compo.

Alfred Forns
06-23-2009, 05:02 PM
The base image is very strong Repost makes it even bette since I lie the way the animals look

Agree on the extra room to the right It is always nice have clean edges and you have it at the left side !!! Moody and beautiful !!!

Jeffrey Sipress
06-23-2009, 05:10 PM
Great image! A bit too much black in the scene for me, but hey....

Jay Gould
06-23-2009, 05:22 PM
Great image to start; repost makes it "pop"; on screen crop of 3/4" of the repost top making it a pano would be the way for me. Cheers, Jay

Dave Phillips
06-23-2009, 06:45 PM
wildebeast are sharper in original, but repost has a nice clean tonal quality/
lol, time for a combo of the two.....nice on both counts

Nagesh Mula
06-24-2009, 03:10 PM
It is something very different and original. I like the pic very much and the repsoted version. I too agree with adding more canvas to the right. Congratulations on such a good pic!!

Morkel Erasmus
06-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Peter, another stunner from you (although I have seen this before :))
I think Mital's repost making the animals darker takes it even higher. would love to see the extra space to the right too, but I love this as is anyway!

peter delaney
06-25-2009, 02:55 PM
A big thanks to you all on comments.. especially those with advice!
Mital appreciate yo taking time out to repost,,I do like your repost but agree with Dave about a combo of both, so will repost a tad darker wildebeest , some noise reduction to eliminate noise ,dust ,sand, etc..

Arthur, Alfred and Nagesh will add some canvas to the right .
Jeffrey I agree to dark on top.. will bring out some detail there..

thanks again to you all .. and Fabs for helpful links in pm

peter

David Fletcher
07-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Have enjoyed your work and insight Peter and this is no exception: (like Morkel, have seen before, but heck, probably could see this a thousand times and not tire). Be interested to see it evolve as per suggestions. Strong as heck as a raw image. So powerful. Lovely!

peter delaney
07-08-2009, 03:55 PM
thanks Dave .. for kind words .... appreciated!!

peter