PDA

View Full Version : Listen to me

Thomas Block
02-04-2008, 01:45 AM
Hi, this is my first thread…
Let me introduce myself. My name is Thomas and I live in a small town near Cologne in Germany. I am glad to enjoy South Florida for bird photographing in the next weeks for the second time. I am board member of the German Nature Photographer Organization GDT http://www.gdtfoto.de (http://www.gdtfoto.de/) Excuse me for my bad English. I hope it becomes better after a little bit practice :-)

Greetings
Thomas

Laughing Gull, Fort DeSoto, EOS 20D, EF 500 IS, F8 1/400 ISO 400, tripod

Judy Becker
02-04-2008, 08:27 AM
Welcome to America and southwest Florida. Your first posting was well done both eyes sharp and body position to camera was well done.

Lori A. Cash
02-04-2008, 08:39 AM
Welcome Thomas. I like the interaction you have captured. Good exposure and details.

Gyorgy Szimuly
02-04-2008, 09:00 AM
Hello Thomas, good to see you more and more Europeans here :D
Nice first image. I like the pose and the details. Maybe a slight crop from the bottom for my taste only :)
Szimi

Jim Poor
02-04-2008, 09:50 AM
Welcome aboard! You're English is far better than my German, and I lived in Germany for six years ;) It's been a while though.

Nice action and I really like the way this picture allows us to engage in a bit of anthropomorphism. :D

David Steele
02-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Welcome Thomas and a lovely introductory photo!

Manos Papadomanolakis
02-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Nice timing,angle and light!!!

Blake Shadle
02-04-2008, 11:54 AM
Welcome! It's great to have you with us! Very nice work on this image. I like the interaction that you captured. For me, the composition feels well balanced as posted.

Tom Grey
02-04-2008, 01:34 PM
Love the lively (and funny) action, and I also like the blurred reflection. The composition works for me.

Axel Hildebrandt
02-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Willkommen, Thomas! I like this image a lot. Great angle and interaction, it really tells the story.

Viele Grüße!

Arthur Morris
02-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Welcome Thomas. Did we meet when I spoke at GDT in Lunen, jumped from a moving train on the way home, and wound up needing knee surgery? I like the soft light and theCOMP and the open bill, getting ready to throw up some fish for his honey. Wish that the bird on the right were looking a bit more towards you but with here a bit closer to you she is looking at him...

Was this at Fort DeSoto? Later and love, artie

John Cooper
02-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Welcome Thomas! I like your composition here with the 2 gulls interacting. The overcast sky has created some lovely soft light on both the birds and water. Very appealing!!

Thomas Block
02-05-2008, 06:36 AM
Thank you all for your friendly welcome!
Artie, no I sadly didn’t meet you in Lunen. You are right, the picture was taken at Fort deSoto. A great place at north beach with wonderful morning light, a lot of interacting gulls and terns in April. The BAA guide for Fort deSoto was very helpful during my first trip there.

All the best!
Thomas

Rosl Roessner
02-05-2008, 02:34 PM
Nice interaction!
I like the story.....