PDA

View Full Version : Natures Palette

Kenn Christensen
02-04-2008, 01:24 AM
Every June we have a nice hatch of Luna moths around here. They are attracted to some of the lights we have in the garden area and house. In the morning I rescue them from an exposed areas.. (well you know.. those woodland birds figure out that lights attract bugs.. and *pow* ....these moths are NOT common so I give them as much protection as I can, Id have to shade our windows to stop them completly.. or perhaps learn to live in the dark)... I found this guy exposed on the side of the house.. carefully moved him here for a quick shot.. then once again had him step up on my finger and I hid him in the ferns for the day... he was perfectly untouched and unharmed by the process... and I have something to remember him by.
canon 20D
100mm f2.8
1/5
iso 200
f22
tripod

Jim Poor
02-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Very nicely done on the rescue and the photo.

Fabs Forns
02-04-2008, 08:18 PM
Nice reading :) Kudos to you :)

Fairy tale material, very pretty!!!!

Alfred Forns
02-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Kenn this is so Cool !!!! Big Time Congrats !!!!! Love the colors and careful placed elements I go by feel and this has it all over !!!!!

Anita Rakestraw
02-05-2008, 02:56 AM
Wow, Kenn, what colors and what an eye-catching comp! This must go into one of your gallery shows! Love the story of your looking after the little guys!

Cindy Cone
02-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Great work, Kenn! Thanks for sharing the story, too.