PDA

View Full Version : Sunset at Sand Dunes

Mital Patel
06-22-2009, 04:54 AM
Nikon d200, 25mm
F/7.1, 1/160sec ISO 100
Custom Whitebalance
CaptureNX, Photoshop

Another beautiful evening wide shot of sunset with different colors.

Please feel free to share your views.

chris Bycroft
06-22-2009, 05:47 AM
Excellent photo Mital. The silhouettes work will the interesting colours of the sunset.

Robert Amoruso
06-22-2009, 06:46 AM
Mital,

You have a good eye. I like the inclusion of the large expanse of sky. Though you could probably shave a bit off the base and make a pano but I feel the 1/3 (shadow base) and 2/3 (sky) presents a good Rule of Thirds composition that works well with this subject.

The sillhouettes are all recognizable which is good. I would suggest that aiming the camera left some more would have better balanced the sun and the persons on the left. If the persons on the left were stading, that would be over the top. All in all a great image. Nice work.

Fabs Forns
06-23-2009, 01:33 PM
Mital, this one may be my favorite of your camel images, very well presented and I love the daring positioning of the sun, different!

Arthur Morris
06-23-2009, 02:15 PM
Mitalbhai, You had much too much fun in the desert. I think that Robert above meant "point the camera to the right (not left) some more as that was gonna be my only suggestions. You did a great job of taking advantage of a fabulous situation by using various focal lengths and making lots of different images.

Robert Amoruso
06-23-2009, 03:25 PM
Mitalbhai, You had much too much fun in the desert. I think that Robert above meant "point the camera to the right (not left) some more as that was gonna be my only suggestions. You did a great job of taking advantage of a fabulous situation by using various focal lengths and making lots of different images.

Thanks Artie - I did mean right.

Arthur Morris
06-23-2009, 03:34 PM
No sweat Robert. I did the exact same thing this morning on a thread and Axel caught it. Brain thinks one thing and fingers type another. It's a function of advancing age...

Roman Kurywczak
06-23-2009, 08:05 PM
Hi Mital,
I think everyone above covered my suggestions and will only add......I would probably go with Robert on less base.....but it may be your black frame around the entire image is making that even more prominant....I think this would present better if you eliminated the frame entirely or had a very small one......but the image itself was nicely handled.