PDA

View Full Version : rain drops

Rene Quenneville
06-21-2009, 07:47 PM
I had a day off last friday and guess what: It rained! I then switched to plan B and decided to go Macro.

I had a hard time for composing this one. My main point was to emphasis the reflective patterns in the water drops. Please give me your comments.

1/20 s
f/18
ISO 400
150mm Sigma macro lens

Aidan Briggs
06-22-2009, 11:52 AM
I love the yellows and the water drops. The curve of the stamen(?) is very nice also. The petal in the corner does not add to the image for me though, and I would run some noise reduction on the BG.

Looking forward to more!

Steve Maxson
06-22-2009, 01:41 PM
The reflections in the raindrops are striking and add a lot of interest to the image, Rene. Good sharpness and use of DOF. I like the diagonal curve of the plant against the dark background. I'm not so sure about the yellow petal in the LRC - you might consider cropping some of it or toning down the specular highlights in the petal. Well done.

Julie Kenward
06-22-2009, 06:44 PM
Really nice water drops, Rene! You got great detail and clarity in those. I'm not sure I love the petal either but without it the waterdrop reflections wouldn't really make sense. I think you did the best you could with what you had.

I think toning down the petal is a decent thought...might give that a try. I, too, think you need some NR on the darker background.

Way to make lemonade out of lemons!

Alfred Forns
06-22-2009, 07:45 PM
I like it Rene btw good suggestions !!!

Curious if stopping all the way down would have made the entire stamen sharp? I've been into max dof!! Not sure what camera body you are using but might have needed even higher ISO !! Great eye and I like it a lot !!

Gordon Craig
06-23-2009, 11:36 AM
I think the yellow reflection in the waterdrops was a nice find. I too might have stepped it down and increased the ISO.