PDA

View Full Version : Below the Falls

John Lowin
06-21-2009, 02:27 PM
This image created last summer at Niagara Falls. The spray or mist rose all the way to my high vantage point. However, not as wet as the yellow raincoat crowd below. As I'm sure you all know the sound level was amazing. Hope you like my image. - John

f/11 1/200 ISO 200 @ 130mm
Canon 1D Mk II
Canon EF 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 L IS USM
hh

Roman Kurywczak
06-21-2009, 04:45 PM
Hey John,
As nutty as it sounds i really like the "hurrucane deck" and Niagra falls. My sister in law lived there for many years before she moved down to Miami.....so I had many visits there. You have captured it very nicely. Nice combination of the water flow, rocks and people. One of the nicest I've seen from there and that includes mine! Very nicely done.

Kaushik Balakumar
06-21-2009, 04:47 PM
BEAUTIFUL !
Very nicely composed image IMO. Love that curtain of water. Not sure if its just me - I see some noise just in front of the rock/cliff (near the curving region above the concrete structure).
Nevertheless, this is a lovely image.

Robert Amoruso
06-21-2009, 05:26 PM
I agree John, you really captured this scene (I have been there too). I like the densely packed rain-coated people, it acts as a good point of interest and balances with the towering falls.

chris Bycroft
06-22-2009, 05:31 AM
Great photo John. I think I would like to see a little bit more contrast, or a slight increase of darkness in the shadows.

Morkel Erasmus
06-22-2009, 12:51 PM
that is a huge amount of water! would love to visit this one day. I've been to Victoria Falls here in Southern Africa and that is also a site. great composition here, agree with adding a bit of contrast.

Nagesh Mula
06-24-2009, 03:36 PM
This is a very nice composition which I never saw earlier.
I too agree with Kaushik on the noise level. Overall its a very nice picture. Congratulations!!

Mitchell Krog
06-25-2009, 03:17 AM
I like this, including the people on the deck helps to show the immense scale of those falls. Thanks for a view of a place I would love to see one day.

Brandy Katzen
07-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Probably one of the most interesting views of the falls I've ever seen. You definitely looked past typical hackneyed tourist photos that people usually take.