PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Flower

John Renda
06-21-2009, 12:33 PM
Canon1D Markll,90 f/2.8 ts-e lens iso 200,1/40 sec, f/8, tripod thanks for looking John

Joseph Martines
06-21-2009, 03:47 PM
Nice sharp capture of a yellow flower!

Not much I would do with it.

Perhaps I would lop a little off the bottom but, it's OK as it is.

Thanks for sharing.

Kaushik Balakumar
06-21-2009, 04:43 PM
Very nicely exposed frame John.
Wondering if it was possible to obtain a higher DOF under your shooting condistion - for the tips of the petals towards the bottom look a bit soft.

Arthur Morris
06-21-2009, 05:05 PM
H i John, First off, welcome to BPN and thanks for your membership support. Please post your images at least 800 pixels the long way. This image has a nice subject and the focus is accurate. You need to experiment with or have someone show you how to tilt or shift the lens to get the whole flower in focus. I am not the one to teach you as I have never used one but I know the theory and it should work well for images like this. Can anybody help or do you need to be there to demonstrate???

Alfred Forns
06-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Big Warm welcome John !!!

Nice to see you using a tilt/shift lens Great tools !!! You need to check the Scheimpflug rule then you will be all set !!

To simplify works like this ... focus on the flower then tilt the lens forward and adjust focus then try again till you get all you want focused. It will take some getting used to ... btw for landscape work it does not take much tilting at all since just a few degrees will suffice but for macro large movements are needed.

When working remember the amount of movement with this lens is limited and not like a real view camera. Worked those for many years and once you get the hang of it things are smooth and easy !!!

If you have a camera with Live View use it by all means ... will shorten the learning curve !!!

John Renda
06-21-2009, 06:02 PM
Thanks everyone for your advice and I enjoy this web site alot, thanks,John

Julie Kenward
06-21-2009, 06:35 PM
John, my question for you is why is the BG so dark? Was that intentional or just the way the image came out? I would either suggest a tighter crop to eliminate some of the darker areas (especially below the flower) or else try a shadow/highlight adjustment to see if you can bring some more detail back.

I agree with the others about the focus - there are some spots that are precisely right and others that I am straining to make out. Keep trying! I will love to hear how you did it when you get it right!