PDA

View Full Version : Royal Rajasthan

Mital Patel
06-21-2009, 12:03 PM
Rajasthan is the most popular tourist place in india having the world known sand dunes and camel safari over that.
this is the camel i took for camel ride to Jaisalmer Sand Dunes in rajasthan while visiting the city in evening.

Nikon d200, 29mm
F/11, 1/125sec ISO 320
Custom Whitebalance
CaptureNX, Photoshop

Please feel free to share your views.

Moderators : I dont know if this backlit image goes with the category or not but i request if this is not appropreate for wild or mammal category then please let me know where to move.

Fabs Forns
06-21-2009, 12:07 PM
Mital, this is beautiful and totally within the guidelines of Wildlife. It is very artistic withe great graphic appeal.
I may crop some off the left, but the subject is not centered as presented, so I respect your vision also.
I wonder if f/22 would have given you a star burst from the sun.

Mital Patel
06-21-2009, 12:12 PM
yeah that could be done and i may get sharp edge of sun as well.
very frankly i didnt thought of that at that time.

This is perfect what i wished to get with glow over to the face of camel.
But yes it may be interesting to have sharp edge sun.

Dave Phillips
06-21-2009, 12:15 PM
thank you for sharing Mital. I am so enjoying the Indian images.
A part of the world I will never see, but through eyes like yours.

Don't know about your ethics on this but I cropped some for
composition and added a gradient. Also toned down rim light
on camel neck. Just another alternative to an already nice image.
http://i44.tinypic.com/245en2w.jpg

Mital Patel
06-21-2009, 12:18 PM
could you share the steps you followed ?
i like this one you did on original. thanks a lot for your efforts to make this more interesting.

Dave Phillips
06-21-2009, 12:25 PM
could you share the steps you followed ?
i like this one you did on original. thanks a lot for your efforts to make this more interesting.
Actually I use a Photoshop plugin called Power Retouche for the gradient.
But you can do same in photoshop with gradient tool(under paint bucket). Try a simple gradient
pinlk/white and apply from sun center to top.....on a new layer. Try setting
layer blend mode to multiply. You can then vary layer opacity for tint strength.
hope this helps a bit

glad you liked
http://i43.tinypic.com/2i8ax55.jpg

Arthur Morris
06-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Wonderful image. And the repost is even better. And, this is amazing, I do not hate the black frame; it works with this one. My number one suggestion would have been to get the camel back in the frame but Dave did just that. Thanks again sir.

Juan Carlos Vindas
06-21-2009, 03:16 PM
Love this picture. And thanks for sharing it with us.
Here I see some possible moves that could improve your picture.

1-You could clone out some apparent dust bunnies and what seems to be like a tower.
2-You could burn the lighter parts on the dark areas so we can see a complete black silhouette.

Just my take and again congrats on a great image.

Axel Hildebrandt
06-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Great idea and Dave's repost puts it over the top for me, even though I'm usually not a big fan of frames. It works really well here.

Robert Amoruso
06-21-2009, 06:53 PM
Mital,

Agree with the suggestions for cropping from the left. Wonderful image - thanks for sharing it.

Alfred Forns
06-21-2009, 07:18 PM
Excellent base image and what a re post !!! Outdid yourself Dave !!!!

btw fully agree on the black frame .. don't much like frames and even less black one but this looks good !!!!

Ákos Lumnitzer
06-22-2009, 01:27 AM
Mital, this is simply breathtaking mate. I love it and the repost with the frame is super! Take advantage of all the learning on BPN, it's the bomb man! :)

Mital Patel
06-22-2009, 01:53 AM
Hello All,
It was a pleasure and great discussion i have had on this thread.
so many things i've learned and explored during the every reply i've got.

i have made a final correction's based on given criteria and suggestions.
please do correct me if there is still anything to be done.

Morkel Erasmus
06-22-2009, 02:39 AM
great learning curve here - I could also apply some gradients to some of my images. super shot Mital! this last repost is the bomb - really captivating and striking. well done!

Mital Patel
06-22-2009, 02:43 AM
thanks morkel and akos for your kind appreciation and inspirational words.
i am really enjoying the way BPN people provides help and suggestion to improve.

way to go

Stu Bowie
06-22-2009, 08:18 AM
Well thought out Mital. I like the backlighting effect, and I would have moved him back to the left. I do like the repost, and well done on a great image.

Dave Phillips
06-22-2009, 05:32 PM
repost looks really good Mital......nice work IMO

Steve Canuel
06-23-2009, 01:04 AM
Neat image made better through suggestions and reposts. Great feel.

Nagesh Mula
06-24-2009, 03:22 PM
Its one more beautiful picture from you Mitalbhai. I like the reposted version by Dave as he slightly cloned the little stream of light scattered via the front of the neck. Also, the colors in his repost are more dramatic.
But its the pic which makes all the difference. Congratulations!!

Kiran Poonacha
06-25-2009, 10:19 AM
Good I came here late.. got to learn and the final pictures is come out well .. congrats Bhai..

Mital Patel
06-25-2009, 10:54 AM
Thank you all for your precious time and inputs. It was a good detailed discussion on so many points and wish this may help others to understand.

Again thank you all and keep post suggestions for my images.