PDA

View Full Version : At Last!

Christopher Miller
06-21-2009, 10:14 AM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m244/CAMiller290/BPN/P6140087ResizeWeb.jpg

In most of my damselfly photos, the damselfly ends up blurred or is facing away, or the focus is off, or the BG is distracting; but this one turned out just about perfect :)! Any C&C are welcome, and please don't be afraid to tell me if there's a problem with it that I missed!

Olympus SP-550 UZ
f4.5 @ 1/80, ISO 100, -0.3 EV
Aperture priority mode, pattern metering, cloudy WB
Processed in PS CS2; curves adjustment, slight saturation boost, noise reduction, cloned out a grass stem in the BG, and cropped to vertical

Fabs Forns
06-21-2009, 10:19 AM
Beautiful. Christopher. Lots of detail.
I think it is facing away :) but I'd love to have it in my files.
Next time, take another image with the focus on the tail, I'm working on a tutorial to merge them, for better depth of field.

Christopher Miller
06-21-2009, 10:42 AM
Thanks Fabs. Yeah, I agree the angle isn't quite perfect, but it's far better than most of the photos I get. Can't wait to see your tutorial!

Alfred Forns
06-21-2009, 10:46 AM
Hi Chris Nice Damselfly !!!

I know they are frustrating but with patience you will get one to cooperate !!! Remember they tend to take off and return to the same perch over and over!!

This is very close and one I would keep for my records !!!! Excellent image !!!

Gus Cobos
06-21-2009, 12:09 PM
Very good composition, image and capture Christopher...I like the fine details and the color rendition on your lady...good show...:cool:

Kaushik Balakumar
06-21-2009, 04:40 PM
Lovely sharpness and details.
Especially liked the way you've rendered the delicate wings - they look superb.
The metallic green on the body looks awesome too.
Congrats on this fine image.

Julie Kenward
06-21-2009, 06:36 PM
Way to go, Christopher! You're doing much better with these insects than I am! Nice BG and composition on top of good focus. Congrats on this one!

Steve Maxson
06-22-2009, 01:30 PM
Nicely done, Christopher. I agree that damselflys are hard to photograph well and this is way better than any of mine. Nice light, good detail, and an uncluttered background.

Christopher Miller
06-23-2009, 08:00 AM
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the comments.