PDA

View Full Version : Paphiopedalum Vanda M. Pearman

John Lowin
06-20-2009, 10:08 PM
Another orchid from my collection. This Paphiopedalum is a somewhat small plant with a short bloom spike. Shooting this particular plant as a vertical just didn't work effectively, unless I showed the entire pot it is growing in. Note the many fine hairs on the bloom spike as well as the petals and callus. Hope you like my image. C and C welcome, I'm here to learn. Thanks for looking. - John

F/25 .80s ISO 640
Canon 1D Mk II
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
Canon Remote Shutter Release
Gitzo CF 1228 tripod
Arca Swiss B1 Ball Head

Dave Mills
06-20-2009, 10:24 PM
John, I agree that due to the shape of the flower it calls for a horizontal. I like the lighting, sharpness and placement in the frame. For my taste you have enough of the bottom leaf to add interest....good job!

Fabs Forns
06-20-2009, 10:44 PM
I am also fine with the compo and you couldn't have picked a sweeter BG to complement the subtle beauty of this orchid. Perfect EXP and I can feel the texture of the petals in my fingers.
Another winner.

Alfred Forns
06-20-2009, 10:50 PM
Just perfect John .... and sure like that bg !!! Big Congrats !!!

Richard Lovison
06-21-2009, 06:46 AM
Wow John, that's beautiful. The image has a painterly quality to it. Wonderful light, composition and background. Well done... you deserve another hat! :)

Joseph Martines
06-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Well done.

No complaints. Were that I could do so well.

Sometimes I will tilt my camera to get the flower on a diagonal that realyl doesn't exist except that I make it.

THanks for sharing.

Julie Kenward
06-21-2009, 06:54 PM
Beautiful orchid again, John. I wanted to see if there was anything else in the BG I could pull out so I slid the hue/saturation slider almost all the way to the right and these faint hues popped up. Interesting how it split the colors like that!

John Lowin
06-22-2009, 10:06 AM
Hi Julie, Thanks for your comments. Sorry, but I think the peachy tones clash with and distract from the blossom. But that's just my opinion. - John

John Lowin
06-22-2009, 10:08 AM
Thanks one and all for your kind comments. Greatly appreciated. - John