PDA

View Full Version : A Lupine Morning

Ed Vatza
06-20-2009, 07:59 PM
We just got back from nearly two weeks in Bar Harbor/Acadia. After spending most of last year's Acadia vacation shooting flowers and flower close-ups, I did a lot more landscapes and such this year. But I did spend some time in the lupine field in the meadow on Bar Island. This particular visit was early on a foggy, dewy, overcast morning.

Image made using my Canon 30D and 24-70mm f/2.8L lens, tripod-mounted.

1/200 sec @ f/4.0; ISO 200; 0 EV; natural light

Fabs Forns
06-20-2009, 08:56 PM
Beautiful and fresh specimen, really fresh and pretty.
Ed, I find the composition a bit static, maybe it's not enough of the OOF field in the back or that both stems are roughly the same height. Maybe moving to one side and higher would have helped, hard to visualize without seeing the whole scene.

Alfred Forns
06-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Hi Ed I think including a little more bg would balance the image... particularly at the top. Do like the way the front flowers were captured .. sharp and good dof !! Also the cropping for the leafs if very pleasing. Excellent image !!!

Arthur Morris
06-21-2009, 12:34 PM
I love the twins and the basic COMP. And the soft light and the mood. A bit wider all around, esp. sides and top, would have made it stronger.

Julie Kenward
06-21-2009, 07:05 PM
I really like the comp, too. I'd try lightening the middle area of dark green with a screen mode layer but the rest is beautiful.