PDA

View Full Version : Four Crocs One Masi Cow

John Lowin
06-20-2009, 04:39 PM
This image captured in the Mara River, Masi Mara, Kenya. The turbulence in the water was amazing as these four medium sized crocs worked over the remains of a hapless Masi cow. I'm sure that some croc or crocs paid the price for their indiscretion here. The Masi don't take kindly to medaling with their livestock. The event lasted for several minutes as they impolitely decided who should receive the largest share. Hope you like my image. C and C welcome, I'm here to learn. - John

f16 1/250 ISO 200
Canon 1D Mk II
Canon EF 500mm f/4.0 L IS USM
Kinesis Safari Sack (Beanbag)

Arthur Morris
06-20-2009, 07:13 PM
Interesting COMP, theme, and story. EXP and SH good. I only wish that the cow was a zebra.....

Dave Leroy
06-20-2009, 07:51 PM
Yes a very interesting story as well as colour for water. Nice and sharp. Dave

John Lowin
06-20-2009, 09:11 PM
Interesting COMP, theme, and story. EXP and SH good. I only wish that the cow was a zebra.....

Thanks for your comments. I could clone in some stripes. :-) Would you prefer Common or Grevy's?

This was quite a site to observe and we spent some time with it. The violence of the action was amazing.

Thanks again. - John

Robert Amoruso
06-21-2009, 06:55 PM
Interesting color on those crocs. If yo have any close-ups of them (not necessarily this scene) I would be interested in seeing them.

Stu Bowie
06-22-2009, 06:12 AM
Yep, one place you never wander into, is water infested with crocodiles. As you know, this is a common practice with the crossing of the massive herds of wildebeest and other animals in the Masai Mara. Great image John.

Harshad Barve
06-23-2009, 03:36 AM
awesome shot. Would have loved to see Zebra

Harshad