PDA

View Full Version : White tail Buck

Raymond Packard
02-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Had one shot at this beauty before he disapeared into woods, late afternoon used Nikon D-70s & Nikkor 300mm F-4 1 1/25 f-5.6 matrex metering.

Robert O'Toole
02-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Nice buck. I like the composition but I think the crop is a little too tight for me. Looks like the focus was a tad off and on the forground brush.

Robert

Robert Amoruso
02-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Raymond,

As you mentioned, you had a small window to get this but with the sensor grabbing the FG bush, the focus on the deer is just too far off. If you are using all the focusing points, you may want to try using one sensor in this situations to get critical focus on the subject. With the feet cut/close by the edge, it makes it feel too cramped.

The framing above the deer by the tree is real nice.

D. Robert Franz
02-05-2008, 09:59 AM
A real nice whitetail buck in the velvet....Let's get these posts up to 800px on the long side for easier veiwing... Agree with the above posts on this image.

Travis Novitsky
02-05-2008, 08:55 PM
It's too bad the focus was off....would have been a prize photo otherwise. I like the dark background, and the fact that he's looking back, implying one last glance before disappearing into the mystery of the forest. Its a nice composition.

I just wish the focus was better....