PDA

View Full Version : different strokes

Mital Patel
06-20-2009, 08:39 AM
just reached Jaisalmer Palace and went to terrace in evening after sunset to take a look and found this beautiful frame. Light direction is intentional as i want a bit of dull cut light to be place on the dome winodows.

Played a bit in photogshop for black's and colors.

Winter evening in Jaisalmer Rajasthan a royal treat for me.

Nikon d200, 65mm
F/11, 0.6sec ISO 100
Custom Whitebalance
CaptureNX, Photoshop

Fabs Forns
06-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Fascinating twin silhouettes and nice sky colors. I am left wanting for more at the bottom to ground the image.
The subtle side light works very well.

Dave Mills
06-20-2009, 11:27 PM
Hi Mital, I took the liberty to make some adjustments to the image for your consideration. I thought the image was in between a silouette and showing a bit of detail. I opted to show more detail using S/H. I also took out a few things in the backround I felt didnt add to it.

Roman Kurywczak
06-21-2009, 08:14 AM
Hi Mital,
I am with Fabs on this one.....can you get lower to allow more of the Palace into the sky? ...or as she said, a bit more base to the image as it feels cut now. I don't mind your original sidelight but Dave's re-post offers some interesting possibilities. Another option can be to go a little tighter.....and use just the roofs against the sky. Just another option for you to explore.

Mital Patel
06-21-2009, 11:41 AM
thanks fabs, dave and roman.
i appreciate your inputs and will sure keep in mind this points while making another shots of such beautiful places.

Dave Phillips
06-21-2009, 11:55 AM
I like the look/feel of this very much......good idea to get that bit
of light glow on the windows and structure. Are those water towers
in the distance?

Here's yet another possibility, cropped a bit and saturated selected yellows
trying to still keep the silhouette look.
thanks for sharing your part of the world

Mital Patel
06-21-2009, 11:58 AM
nice move dave. i like this one better what you did.
Yes they are water reserve tanks in bg which is mid 60 to end 90's water storing facility in urban areas. i like them as they shows the different age structure in one frame.

Robert Amoruso
06-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Mital,

I like the strong lighting on the structures and would suggest that going with a tight composition of them would be the way to go.