PDA

View Full Version : Choosing a Laptop for Adobe CS3

James Parker
06-19-2009, 06:36 PM
I have been trying to improve the speed of my laptop by having a larger main drive installed but the maximum RAM my computer will accomodate is 1G.
What should a laptop have to run CS3 at its optimum speed? Thanks for your help. Jim

Axel Hildebrandt
06-20-2009, 10:47 AM
It sounds as if the low amount of memory is what makes it run slow, 2 or even 4GB would make a big difference. Are you on a Mac or PC? If the maximum is 1GB then there is not much that you can do other than getting a faster hard drive. There are some that run at 7,200 rpm which is as good as it gets (aside from the expensive solid state drives), the 5,400 rpm drives are fine, too, and the slowest drives run at 4,200 rpm.

Randy Stout
06-20-2009, 11:10 AM
James:

Axel hit the high points. Lots of ram is your friend. If that isn't an option, put in the biggest, fastest drive you can, keep it clean, don't let the drive fill up beyond 50% or so, because the fuller it is, the slower the access to files. I just went from 2 to 6 gb of ram on my MacBook Pro, and that coupled with a 7200 rpm 500 GB Hard drive has made a big difference in speed.

Good luck!

Randy

James Parker
06-21-2009, 09:46 AM
Thanks for your help. I'll see what I can come up with