PDA

View Full Version : Columbine and Seed Pod

John Lowin
06-19-2009, 03:46 PM
After a four hour long, outdoor, photo club planning meeting. I was able to capture two or three frames in a friends backyard before the sky opened up and it started to pour. Here is the one I liked the best. I did extensive clean-up to remove hundreds of cottonwood fibers that I couldn't remove from the plant for fear of damaging the blossom. Hope you like my image. C and C welcome, I'm here to learn. - John

f/4.5 1/200 ISO 800
Canon 1D MkII
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
hh

John Lowin
06-19-2009, 03:49 PM
Here is version two with the seed pod somewhat subdued. I can't decide if the image is of the blossom or the combo? Let me know what you think. - John

Julie Kenward
06-19-2009, 04:31 PM
Boy, I had to scroll up and down a few times to figure out where the difference was but I do like the second one better I believe. Very nice angle and composition, John. I do think there's a bit of posterization in the BG - can you tell me a bit about your pp technique?

John Lowin
06-19-2009, 07:50 PM
Boy, I had to scroll up and down a few times to figure out where the difference was but I do like the second one better I believe. Very nice angle and composition, John. I do think there's a bit of posterization in the BG - can you tell me a bit about your pp technique?

The only difference between the two, as I mentioned is "version two with the seed pod somewhat subdued." No posterization. The only processing done was setting levels, noise reduction, cloning out cottonwood fibers and selective sharpening. So where do you see posterization??? - John

Mike Moats
06-19-2009, 09:04 PM
Hey John, like Jules I had also had to scroll up and down to decide, but I like the second better. Like the deeper tone in the seed pod of the second post.

Kaushik Balakumar
06-20-2009, 03:46 AM
Personally I liked the second version.

Anita Bower
06-20-2009, 10:12 AM
I can't decide which I like best either. I like them both. I like the inclusion of the seed pod with the flower. Lovely BG and colors.

Arthur Morris
06-20-2009, 07:46 PM
Love the fact that you got the two main elements on the same plane. Lovely colors and image design. I prefer the first but both are fabulous.