Exposure : 1/640sec @ 400mm
Aperture : f/8
ISO Rating : 400
Captured On : January 18 2009, 08:53 am

Comments and critics are welcome.

Kobus Tollig
06-19-2009, 07:00 AM
I like the pose comp exposure and light well done
I would take out the small twig on the right of the screen and the bigger one that's oof. Well done nice work

Ramon M. Casares
06-19-2009, 09:16 AM
I like the light, sharpness, comp, perch, detail, pose, colros and sharpness. BG is nice although is a tad bussy IMO.
Congratulations!

Axel Hildebrandt
06-19-2009, 09:51 AM
I like the angle, perch, details and eye contact and only wish for a more uniform BG.

Mital Patel
06-19-2009, 09:54 AM
thanks ramon and axel for the appreciation.. i totally agree with you both to have busy bg but this is what i cant do anything with so will hope for more clean bg.

as just started till date i just focused to first captured all available possible bird in gallery but after joining BPN i really fell that now i should look for more perfect shot rather just filming them in camera.

thanks all for the constant suggestions and improvements.

Axel Hildebrandt
06-19-2009, 10:19 AM
Mital, I wouldn't walk away if you see a new species just because it's not going to be a 'perfect' image. You can still replace it with a better one if you get a chance to photograph this species again. Personally, I'm happy how many species I get to see here from all over the world.

Stu Bowie
06-19-2009, 10:32 AM
Super pose, sharp, and stunning light, especially on the eye. We cant choose their BG's, but we always go back and try and capture a better one. Keep them coming.

Morkel Erasmus
06-19-2009, 10:55 AM
pin sharp and great comp. agree on the busy BG but never a reason not to take the shot if it's there to be taken. lovely detail on the bird!

Mital Patel
06-19-2009, 11:21 AM
very true Axel on your part. but as a matter of fact after giving two three images on perch prinia went fly away as it was a huge field there was no chance to come back at that bush. probably 1km radius.

but yes we should always look for best and focus on the work instead getting so many species but not worthy frame.

honor your opinion and would sure try to get many of this species soon as they are common here.

Mark Dumbleton
06-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Superbly done. Awesome light, and detail on the bird. Agree BG is a bit busy, but still creates a very pleasing image!

ChasMcRae
06-19-2009, 12:52 PM
My special interest is small birds and the bird and perch are very nice. As everyone has mentioned the background is busy. Im not sure how much a crop this is but cropping could eliminat the large part of busy background and then see what could be done with what remained.
If this is your only shot of this bird then that may be worth working on,but not if you have 100 shots.
So many places on my bucket list and India is one of them.
Chas.

Mital Patel
06-19-2009, 12:57 PM
thanks chas its true that this is the only image and two more but same as in burst and this is good amongst all three. so as i said lets hope for another day for prinia only and i m sure i'll have something good on that.

Juan Aragonés
06-19-2009, 01:24 PM
No matter if this one has no perfect, out of focus BG Mital. It is very sharp, well exposed, well composed and very well processed. It is a very good image. Of course we always ask for more but I would be very happy with this one on my files :-)

Dave Leroy
06-19-2009, 05:41 PM
Lovely looking shot Mital. The bird is very sharp. good ha and eye contact. I like the colours. The bg is what it is, part of the habitat of the bird. As suggested, a vertical crop might be used to remove some of the extra bg if you wanted to. The photo has a very nice feel about it. Looking forward to more. Dave