PDA

View Full Version : Masai Mara

Danny Laredo
06-19-2009, 04:52 AM
I dont take many, if any landscape images.
But when I saw the tree at Masai mara NP a few years ago....

http://www.pbase.com/danny_laredo/image/91492775.jpg

All c&c welcomed.

Mital Patel
06-19-2009, 07:03 AM
this is a fantastic balanced image. tree position composed very well.
i would have posted 1024 full wide image proportionally as i found that something there on the tree is very interesting and attracts eye which may be in bigger version give more attention.

after looking this i wish i can go there sometime in my lifespan :)

thanks for sharing this beautiful image.

Kaushik Balakumar
06-19-2009, 08:17 AM
Beautiful image. Simple and a neat composition.
Liked the lone tree. Might wish for more space towards the top.

Dave Mills
06-19-2009, 08:52 AM
Hi Danny, Nice image with a well balanced composition. Would have wished for earlier or later light...

Robert Amoruso
06-19-2009, 11:51 AM
I like the light which appears to be overhead. I too would have like to see a large expansive sky here especially if the clouds went up higher. I feel this image is well balance with the tree's location, I like the amount of FG you have included.

Roman Kurywczak
06-19-2009, 02:48 PM
Hi Danny,
While I agree this may be more interesting at a different time of day....you handled the light very well and composed it nicely too. Simple yet effective.

Richard Lovison
06-19-2009, 04:16 PM
I've never been one to be ruled by shooting only during the "magic hour" so I applaud your efforts to shoot during the "forbidden hour". :) I like the simplicity of the composition as well as the serenity that it conveys. Well seen.

I made a few minor adjustments for your consideration. I dodged the upper right of the sky as I felt it was a bit darker than the rest (did you use a polarizer by chance?), leveled the horizon, cropped a bit to put the tree closer to the power position and made some changes using the curves tool to brighten up the image a tad and bring up the whites in the clouds. These are just suggestions and take them or leave them based on your own personal preferences.

http://richardlovison.com/photos/repost4.jpg

Danny Laredo
06-20-2009, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the comments.

Nagesh Mula
06-21-2009, 01:33 AM
Dan, its a simple yet very beautiful image. I liked different layer of colors formed by grass and cloud/sky. I liked the original version and do feel a bit of CCW rotation.