PDA

View Full Version : Evening Silhouette

Mital Patel
06-19-2009, 01:56 AM
Winter evening in Jaisalmer Rajasthan a royal treat for me.

Nikon d200, 18mm
F/11, 1/4sec ISO 100
Custom Whitebalance
CaptureNX, Photoshop

Kaushik Balakumar
06-19-2009, 08:19 AM
Lovely silhouette Mital.
Love those colours in the sky - rich & vibrant.

Robert Amoruso
06-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Nicely done and the silhouettes of the structure are no overlapping so you positioned yourself just right to make that happen. FG is just enough to provide a base but not have a lot of negative space (large featureless areas).

Mital Patel
06-19-2009, 12:13 PM
dear robert can you please explain me about negative space (featureless areas).

sorry but i didnt follow you on this part and got confuse which portion we are talking bout.

if it's about left bottom little higher side patch coming up from base then yes it is there because it is the original old city of Jaisalmer fort.

let me know what exactly we need to see for negative as i really dont know that part.

awaiting your kind reply.

Roman Kurywczak
06-19-2009, 02:43 PM
Hi Mital,
Robert is talking about large expanses of black.....which he feels you have just enough of (as do I!).....any more and it can overpower an image. Sometimes large areas of silhouette dominate the scene so you have just enough to add a base to an image......without detracting from it. I also like the way you have seperation in the 2 building but I would have been interested if you could have only gotten one. Still, nicely done as presented.

Dave Mills
06-19-2009, 02:43 PM
Mital, he's talking about the black bottom(base) of the image.

Morkel Erasmus
06-19-2009, 03:58 PM
this is a very serene, tranquil image. lines, anchor points and colours are great! just adding my well done!