PDA

View Full Version : Pryor Mountain Wild Horse Foal

david cramer
06-18-2009, 09:49 PM
After a wonderful day in Yellowstone, I am now enjoying great weather in the Pryor Mountain Wild Horse Range.

http://davidwcramer.smugmug.com/photos/567845001_uinyW-O.jpg

Fabs Forns
06-19-2009, 10:59 AM
Hi stranger, you've been missed ;)

I always enjoy your horse images and the Priors was a place I wanted to visit and the weather didn't permit it.
Good looking young mustang, with very painterly background. Maybe sharpening the eye some more?

Glad to have you back :)

Robert Amoruso
06-19-2009, 11:35 AM
Looked in on this one last night but did not have time to comment as I was stepping out. Really cooling looking BG that makes the image look like a painting.

Morkel Erasmus
06-19-2009, 01:46 PM
ditto BG, I feel at least the face could use a tad more sharpening. thanks for sharing - wild horses are fascinating! we've got some wild horses that live in the deserts of Namibia here in Southern Africa - might post some later on.

Steve Canuel
06-20-2009, 01:21 AM
Cute, curious looking little guy. Neat pattern on his face. Gives me a nice springtime feel.

david cramer
06-21-2009, 07:40 AM
Thanks for the comments and suggestions. Life has been busy, all in good ways, so have not been online as much. Fabs, I hope you get to visit the mountain. It has lots of beautiful horses, most of which are accustomed to the presence of humans. We witnessed many events of unbridled energy. And one sad one, when we came across a foal that had perished, with his mother and band standing guard. Nature in its purest.
The vistas from the mountain top are fantastic.

Arthur Morris
06-21-2009, 06:35 PM
Yes to a handsome animal and a painterly BKGR. I like the way that you used the tree for framing.