T/C 1.4
Aperture Priority, Matrix meetering
1/500sec. - f/5.6, ISO 1000, +0.7EV, WB: Auto

Comments greatly appreciated..

Your humble student... :D

Alfred Forns
02-03-2008, 10:40 PM
Looking good Gus !!!!!

We were close to having good colors this morning but fizzled out Clouds sure looked nice !!!

For these type images I like being able to isolate one bird Makes it easy for a good head angle Normally they face into the wind which is the direction of the rising sun .... away from our vantage point Having several look at the camera at the same time is a miracle Also is difficult to keep the birds from merging In this case would have loved one Anhinga and one vulture !!!

As presented composition wise would try not centering the birds Pointing the camera left and up would place them more to the corner Would rather see the pretty sky than the vegetation !!!! Also using flash could have giving detail on the birds while preserving the bg

Early morning this is my favorite spot to start with After the sun rises I bolt out of there !!!!

Judd Patterson
02-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Hey Gus, welcome to BPN...and I probably saw you Anhinga Trail too. :) I agree with Alfred, that up and to the left was probably your best bet...would help to remove that partial vulture over in the right corner too. Shifting your entire position to the left might have also helped to separate the birds so that they vultures and Anhinga don't all blend together in the middle of the frame. That's a famous perch that has created some great images for some people, so continue to give it a try in the morning!