canon 24mm t/s
f/16
1/6
ISO 100
Manual Mode
3d ND Grad

Harold Davis
06-18-2009, 03:39 PM
nice colors, michael. there's a strange purple streak at the base of the rocks, left edge under the darkest shadow? looks kinda funky. i like how the coral leads you into the sun.

Jay Gould
06-18-2009, 04:49 PM
Michael, that is a wonderful image and a perfect example of where a GND works. I do not believe that could have been without a filter and recreated in PP.

What brand filter did you use?

While trying to learn the avian world I am hooked on landscapes. Just finished reading Tim Fitzharris Landscape Photography and the images he presents are second to none!

Cheers, Jay

Michael Pancier
06-18-2009, 09:33 PM
Michael, that is a wonderful image and a perfect example of where a GND works. I do not believe that could have been without a filter and recreated in PP.

What brand filter did you use?

While trying to learn the avian world I am hooked on landscapes. Just finished reading Tim Fitzharris Landscape Photography and the images he presents are second to none!

Cheers, Jay

thank you Jay. I used the Singh Ray 3d ND Hard Grad

Roman Kurywczak
06-19-2009, 02:33 PM
Hey Michael,
I like the different layers and textures presented in this one. You did well minimizing the sky and just included the strongest part of it. I like the water flow and the rocks in the immediate FG as well. For a while I debated the LH rocks but feel they point at the sky and the water flow brings us back around through the scene. Nicely composed and well handled.

Rocky Sharwell
06-20-2009, 06:44 AM
I like the moving water which contrasts with the still puddles..
Did you have any problem with getting there so early? I have heard that you can walk in from a ways down the road.....