PDA

View Full Version : Lone tree

Todd Frost
06-18-2009, 02:00 AM
D2h, 70-200 2.8 @120, 1/6000, f9, ev-2, iso400, av, awb.
Added a little warmth to the image.
Thanks for looking, comments and critiques appreciated.
Todd

Robert Amoruso
06-18-2009, 05:57 AM
Interesting interpretation. I like that you got the tree well separated from the BG. I would suggest cloning some of the bottom FG out as the large black area is over-powering. I like the expanse at the top into the sky though.

Seems to be some sort of halo in the branches and I guessing a function of processing. Though I think it can work here in this interpretation, you may want to investigate correct it as well. Not much you can do with the burned out area in the water (except clone other parts of the water into it) but it does draw the eye somewhat. Overall, nicely done.

Roman Kurywczak
06-18-2009, 10:48 AM
Hi Todd,
Robert Saw what I did in the tree and I agree that you may be able to tone down the water glare a bit....but not too much..as it normally does look that way. This has a nice look to it overall.....just may be worth going in there and tweaking the layers some more.

David Thomasson
06-18-2009, 08:16 PM
Very nice image. I like it. Two adjustments I would suggest:

1. Darken the highlights in the tree branches. I think they're sharpening halos.

2. Considerably darken reflection on the water so it doesn't compete with the luminance values at the top of the image.

The shadows are fine. You only need to adjust highlights so the viewer's eye is pulled naturally into the tree limbs and the sky.

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/4461/tree2.gif