PDA

View Full Version : Morning Mist

Mital Patel
06-17-2009, 11:34 PM
It was a cold winter morning i got a nice mist view over the lake and sun was just approaching to the horizon.

Nikon d300, 80-400 @ 400mm
F/5.6, 1/4000sec ISO 400
Custom Whitebalance
CaptureNX, Photoshop
Liked Pano Crop

Robert Amoruso
06-18-2009, 05:54 AM
Mital,

Welcome to the forum. I like this image and how you included the trees ont he left and how that balances with the grass in the water. I suggest that you crop just right of the farthest most right duck to better balance the image.

I was curious how that would work and downloaded you image to try it. I also clones out the two ducks on the left and the second one in from the right as they all are turned away from you. The remaining three make for a nice composition. I also cloned out the stick in the water and some of the small floating stuff.

I did not post it as I do not know you personal ethics regarding cloning out things in an image. If you want, I can post it - just ask. At a minimum, my suggested crop will strengthen the composition.

Thanks for posting. Great color in the image by the way.

Revised to include recrop and cloning work as requested by Mital.

Mital Patel
06-18-2009, 06:30 AM
Dear robert,
I value your suggestions and would be more than happy to see how it looks what you have wrote.
I've no problems cloning out unwanted areas as far as it does not make image digitally manipulated.

waiting to see your version

Dave Mills
06-18-2009, 09:52 AM
Hi Mital.. I agree with some of Robert's suggestions. On a minor note I recommend you putting your name(logo) in the lower right hand corner since it is distracting to the viewer in it's present location...

Roman Kurywczak
06-18-2009, 10:43 AM
Hi Mital,
Nice job with the colors and overall comp and Robert's re-post adds just the right touches. I may go for a bit off the bottom to more of a pano crop.....but it does work either way. Nicely done.

Robert Amoruso
06-18-2009, 07:07 PM
Hi Mital,
Nice job with the colors and overall comp and Robert's re-post adds just the right touches. I may go for a bit off the bottom to more of a pano crop.....but it does work either way. Nicely done.

I would second the pano crop with more off the bottom.

Mital Patel
06-18-2009, 10:41 PM
thanks a lot to all for your valuable inputs and suggestions. i'll sure keep them all and reframe my final version soon from original file.