PDA

View Full Version : cama cyperus neutcatensa abstract

Randy Stout
06-16-2009, 08:31 PM
In my continuing macro exploration of my yard, comes this snippet of a 30 foot tree. I like the colors and texture of this plant, and thought the diagonal branch with the buds was interesting. Compostion was a bit of a challenge re: all the cut off strands, there didnt' seem to be any really obvious break point. No boost in sat done, it was just this green. As always, I appreciate folks thougths.

D700 Sigma 180 f/3.5 f/18 1/60s ISO 500 handheld

Randy

Dave Mills
06-17-2009, 09:51 AM
Hey Randy, I like the image very much. Nice diagonal flow, great light, sharp throughout with a nice muted backround. And I might add an interesting subject that took a good eye to see. Well done!

Julie Kenward
06-17-2009, 09:40 PM
I think you got as nice a composition as anyone could. Love the diagonal line flowing through and I really like all the color you picked up in the stem area - nice yellows and reds to mix with those great greens.

Me, being a contrast hog, I bumped it up a notch. It felt a little too light to me but that could be the lighting/color of the tree as it appeared to you so take my repost or leave it.

Again...very nice composition!

Randy Stout
06-17-2009, 09:46 PM
Julie & Dave:

Thanks for the comments. Julie, I think something in between our two renditions? I like the pop of yours, and the subtle colors of mine, so I will split the difference and call it good!

I have been enjoying my time on the macro forum.

Randy

Anita Bower
06-18-2009, 05:17 PM
Lovely composition! I like what you did with a subject that is not dramatic in and of itself.

gordonc527
06-18-2009, 09:53 PM
I have a lot of similar foliage in my back yard and I have wandered around on numerous occassions wondering how to get a nice shot. This has given me some ideas. This is indeed a difficult plant to shoot.

Gordon Craig
06-18-2009, 09:59 PM
I have a lot of similar foliage in my back yard and I have wandered around on numerous occassions wondering how to get a nice shot. This has given me some ideas. This is indeed a difficult plant to shoot.