PDA

View Full Version : "Harry The Salamander"

Gus Cobos
06-16-2009, 02:30 PM
“Harry The Salamander”

Note: The lens was up against the glass in order to reduce glare, due to a lack of a polarizing filter at the time of capture. Was working with very harsh light coming from the two o'clock position...Harry's pit is semi opened from the top to let the sun in...:)

Meet my curious friend Harry. Harry the salamander that lives in a spacious glass box in the Amazon Exhibit at Miami’s Metro Zoo. Harry is a very sociable fellow; always willing to pose for a photo. Harry was painted with a Nikon D3, using a Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED lens.

Image Solution:
focal length @ 120mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / in camera matrix metering / 1/250sec. - f/8 / exposure comp @ -0.3EV / ISO @ 800 / white balance @ auto / AF - Mode @ AF - C / color space @ sRGB / lighting solution – ambient lighting / tone comp @ +1 degree / hue adjustment @ +2 degrees / saturation factor @ +2 degrees / support platform – hand held /

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Alfred Forns
06-16-2009, 05:34 PM
Good quality for shooting through a glass !! Did you try a rubber lens hood? Got one in 77 if you want to try !!!

Cheryl Flory
06-17-2009, 06:26 AM
I like his eye contact, and scale details. The right side of the branch seems bright to me and pulls my eye away from Harry's great coloring.