PDA

View Full Version : B&W cerqueos clicos

Valerio Tarone
06-16-2009, 01:34 PM
For Paul Marcellini who would like to see the image in B&W. I'llpost one shot standing more on the left..but the stones were slippery.

Dave Mills
06-16-2009, 02:23 PM
Valerio, I thought the image was a bit dark and I lightened it to bring out more detail. I cropped a bit off the bottom due to the large black gap being somewhat distracting. I noticed on your original there are many artifacts in the sky.

David Thomasson
06-16-2009, 05:39 PM
I like this image. Since it is very much about textures (and the light and shadows that make textures visible), I would open the shadow details a good bit more. I started with your color image and used the B&W filters in CS3.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5631/rocktextures.jpg

Robert Amoruso
06-17-2009, 05:21 AM
Valeri,

One think I did not comment on in your original color post was the lack of sharpness in the image. I downloaded you BW image from above and did the following.

1) Used Shadow/Highlights to open up the shadows but enough to get detail and not flatten the image's contrast which I like. Also had the midtone contrast set at 15% in this correction.
2) Using the Dodge Tool, I opened up the "V" shape at the bottom and some areas on the rock face.
3) Applied Unsharp mask at 125/0.3/0 settings the sharpen the image.

It sharpened up well so you had good depth of field.

In your original posted you did not list the aperture, please give ISO, shutter and aperture for exposure as all are important in evaluating your images. Thanks for posting.

Valerio Tarone
06-17-2009, 11:29 AM
Thank you David. Robert:the data are: 24mm ISO 200 f8 !/250 aperture priority.
I read and also stamped your 'Image contrast ..' but i got Nikon capture adviced by my friend and adviser antonello,,it's long to understand the program, although the Photoshop CS3 is similar . In other words, learning will take long time.

Roman Kurywczak
06-17-2009, 08:46 PM
Hi Valerio,
Great advice given above and interesting to see the different corrections! We're all always learning.....so hope the re-posts give you some tips.