PDA

View Full Version : I just hate that...

Tell Dickinson
06-16-2009, 01:06 PM
I just hate that grass...
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l192/Terry_S/newbpn/bpn-closeup_dragon_filtered.jpg

Taken a while ago but posted to remind me that these should be out soon in numbers in UK :)

Canon, sigma 105 macro with extension tube, 1/200, f16, iso400, flash off camera, hand held

All comments good or bad appreciated :)

Tell

Christopher Miller
06-16-2009, 01:59 PM
Nice in-your-face image of this dragonfly, Tell! Great details and sharpness, especially on the eyes!!!

The only thing I don't like is the OOF perch, which I find quite distracting. Cropping closer might help minimize it.

Randy Stout
06-16-2009, 02:10 PM
Tell:

Very nice close up, great eyes and colors.The face, eyes make me think of an olive!

For me, the issue with the perch is its brightness compared with the subject. I think you can tone it down a bit, and have an even better image.

Thanks for sharing!

Randy

Julie Kenward
06-17-2009, 09:18 PM
I agree with Randy...I bet if you toned down the perch it would really help take the focus away. The detail and exposure on this is very nice. The only other thing I don't love is the OOF area down by his legs - it looks like something is missing.

I saw my first dragonfly last night hovering over the lake's edge... I can't wait for them to come out in groves!

Tell Dickinson
06-18-2009, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the comments - most appreciated :) I dont think I will ever like that 'grass' but will try toning it down a little - thanks again.

Tell