PDA

View Full Version : Asiatic elephant

Sabyasachi Patra
06-16-2009, 12:54 PM
I have been composing series of images of animals with no eye contact and moving away from the frame. Would like to know your opinion about it.

This image of a wild Asiatic elephant was created last week in Bandipur National Park, India. Full frame with correction for horizontal leveling.

Canon EOS 1D Mark II, Canon EF 400mm f2.8 L IS USM, ISO 400, f5, 1/640.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Stu Bowie
06-16-2009, 11:56 PM
Saby, I think the comp is balanced, as the tree on the right anchors it. Ive seen qiute a few of this type of image, and they work for me. It shows you have spent time together, and now Im on my way home. Well exposed, with good detail. The raised foot shows movement. Well captured.

Steve Canuel
06-17-2009, 01:23 AM
Neat shot Sabyasachi. At first I thought Peter's point about the foot was a good one but after looking at the image for a few moments I disagree. I think with the left foot raised as it is, the tilt of the hips and rear end of the elephant are angled in a way that better matches the curve of the path and the tree. I like the little dark spot in the ULC too. To me it gives a hint of the deeper, darker jungle, a quiet place that the elephant is headed to to take a rest.

Sabyasachi Patra
06-19-2009, 12:51 AM
Peter, Stuart and Steve,
I appreciate your comments.

Cheers,
Sabysachi