PDA

View Full Version : Power and Grace

Jeffrey Sipress
06-15-2009, 09:20 PM
A young Grizzly playing it up for the photographer. Don't you just want to go right up and squeeze this cute guy?! I wonder how he'd react....

In the Khutzeymateen Inlet, BC, Canada. Canon 1DsIII, 500mm.

http://machinearts.com/bpnimages/bear7.jpg

Jackie Schuknecht
06-15-2009, 09:23 PM
Looks like you had a great time Jeffrey. Like the eye contact. You do get really close don't you?!

Fabs Forns
06-15-2009, 09:24 PM
You are really killing me, Jeffrey. I am enjoying you r bear images, this one is adorable, with that wet coat and curious look. Separation from BG is good and so is the placing in the frame.
More, please :)

Todd Frost
06-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Looks like you had a productive trip. Comp looks good as well as detail. Took a look at the area on the web, do you know how the Hyder/Stewart area would compare as I have thought about going there.
Todd

Grace Scalzo
06-15-2009, 09:50 PM
Fabulous, Jeffrey. Love the look back at you and the wet feet.

Jeffrey Sipress
06-16-2009, 12:29 AM
Yes, Jackie, I got real close. Didn't you?!

Fabs, Thanks again. The opportunities there are wonderful. There are more coming, but I need to space them as to not overwhelm the forum with them.

Todd, I really don't know anything about the Hyder/Stewart area. I just went to the Khutz, and researched and concentrated on that, except for a few days shooting eagles in Prince Rupert.

Stu Bowie
06-16-2009, 01:11 AM
Yeah right - get real close. Its great when you can see that the animal is relaxed with your presence. You feel at ease, thus being able to take the shots you want. I like the turned back head, and the comp works well. As a matter of interest, what were you shooting from.

Morkel Erasmus
06-16-2009, 03:22 AM
super cute pose! stands out nicely. wet fur adds much to the detail. nothing to fault!